RBAC question

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
jsalsbury

RBAC question

Post by jsalsbury »

Good morning
I wanted to drop a note because of a question that has recently come up in my environment. When using Nagios I have several different customers so when they need Maint mode they reach out to me for support. Is there some future work being done so that I could give users access to maint mode without giving them full access to the other servers in my environment? Right now it is an all or nothing kind of option.

thanks in advance.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Re: RBAC question

Post by scottwilkerson »

A standard User should be able to schedule downtime for the hosts/services they have access to.
Home -> Incident Management -> Scheduled Downtime
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
jsalsbury

Post by jsalsbury »

When looking at the user configuration I am really only seeing where it says all hosts. Not specific hosts. Perhaps i am missing another area?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

If the user is "read only" they cannot take actions including scheduling downtimes...
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
jsalsbury

Post by jsalsbury »

I can resolve that with minimal issue, my concern was about the all server and all policies or nothing aspect. I was hoping for assistance with categorizing peoples access to their hosts only.
jsalsbury

Post by jsalsbury »

Apologies
that reply came off as more snarky than I wanted it too, basically when you add someone to the advanced option they can access the advanced options for all the nagios hosts. I was hoping there was a way for it to be group based ?
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

If you just remove the Read-only and leave the rest how it is, they will still be able to see everything because you have the boxed checked, but will only be able to take action for hosts/services they are a contact for, anything else should error.
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com