Unable to upload certificates to Nagios Log Server

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
jpconsilio

Unable to upload certificates to Nagios Log Server

Post by jpconsilio »

Hi,
My AD/LDAP users are no longer able to login to Nagios Log Server since the domain controllers are no longer supporting simple binds. I need to reconfigure the LDAP/AD Integration for TLS, but I am presently unable to add the certificate for the CA. When I step through the "Add Certificate" process, I got a message: "hostname.domainname.com says Could not write to /etc/openldap/certs" after submission. Changing the owner to apache/nagios enabled me to upload a cert. Still no luck authenticating to the domain controllers via active directory or ldap with ssl/tls or starttls, though. I see "Invalid username or password" with LDAP, and "Could not log in, User is set to inactive" with AD. Are there any client side logs on the Nagios Log Server that might help me narrow down the trouble. I'm not sure if this is still certificate related with the tls or starttls bits, or actual LDAP comms to the dc. Thanks for any ideas!
-John
cdienger
Support Tech

Re: Unable to upload certificates to Nagios Log Server

Post by cdienger »

Step through https://support.nagios.com/kb/article/a ... n-600.html to enable authentication debugging. The debug output is written to the apache files.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.