Feature Request: mark inactive hosts on R side of hg list

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
eloyd
Cool Title Here

Feature Request: mark inactive hosts on R side of hg list

Post by eloyd »

While doing some training with a customer, they asked me a question which seemed to have an obvious answer but it turns out I was wrong. And I think it's a missing feature or a bug. So I'm making this feature request :D

Head over to CCM and click on a host. Disable it. Now head to a hostgroup and add hosts to it. The disabled host shows up as "Inactive object" on the left side of the host list but as soon as it's added to a hostgroup, the information icon goes away and there's no way to tell that it's disabled. I assume the same thing happens to services, but I didn't check.

All of us on the call agreed that it's confusing. Because if you have a host in a hostgroup, then disable the host, then later go look at that hostgroup, you'll have no visual indication that any of the hosts are disabled, unless you first remove them from the hostgroup.

We think there is room for improvement here by making the right-hand-side appear the same as the left-hand-side if a host is disabled.

Thanks!
Eric Loyd • http://everwatch.global • 844.240.EVER • @EricLoydI'm a Nagios Fanatic!
benjaminsmith

Re: Feature Request: mark inactive hosts on R side of hg lis

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi Eric,

I was able to re-create the same behavior on my test systems and I also noticed that there is a difference between hosts and services as well.
Reaching out to the development/QA teams for review.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Regards,
Benjamin
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
eloyd
Cool Title Here

Post by eloyd »

Thanks!
Eric Loyd • http://everwatch.global • 844.240.EVER • @EricLoydI'm a Nagios Fanatic!
benjaminsmith

Post by benjaminsmith »

Hi Eric,

Your welcome!

We'll go ahead and close this one out, but feel free to open another if anything else comes up.

Best,
Benjamin
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!