Update Warnings, Standalone Check

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
vornado

Update Warnings, Standalone Check

Post by vornado »

Good morning, all.

After updating to version 5.11.3, the log showed some warnings followed by the total number of warnings. I made the corrections as indicated in the warnings. Is there a standalone way to check that I've gotten rid of all the warnings? Or do I have to wait until the next update?

All of the warnings were about services that had notification intervals less than their check intervals. Here are a few examples.

Warning: Service 'DNS IP Match' on host 'Bizflow Disaster Recovery Server C155MGAUS01' has a notification interval less than its check interval! Notifications are only re-sent after checks are made, so the effective notification interval will be that of the check interval.
Warning: Service 'DNS Resolution' on host 'Bizflow Disaster Recovery Server C155MGAUS01' has a notification interval less than its check interval! Notifications are only re-sent after checks are made, so the effective notification interval will be that of the check interval.
Warning: Service 'HTTP' on host 'Bizflow Disaster Recovery Server C155MGAUS01' has a notification interval less than its check interval! Notifications are only re-sent after checks are made, so the effective notification interval will be that of the check interval.

Thanks for your help.

Steve
sgardil

Re: Update Warnings, Standalone Check

Post by sgardil »

Hey @vornado

I believe you can check /usr/local/nagios/var/nagios.log for errors like these. Let us know if these are what you are looking for.
gwesterman

Post by gwesterman »

Hi @vornado,

You can also run this script:

Code: Select all

/usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg
which will give you warning or error messages if you have anything misconfigured.

Hope this helps!
vornado

Post by vornado »

Thanks, @gwesterman, that looks like it worked:

Code: Select all

Nagios Core 4.4.13
Copyright (c) 2009-present Nagios Core Development Team and Community Contributo                                                                                                                            rs
Copyright (c) 1999-2009 Ethan Galstad
Last Modified: 2023-06-01
License: GPL

Reading configuration data...
   Read main config file okay...
   Read object config files okay...

Running pre-flight check on configuration data...

Checking objects...
        Checked 491 services.
        Checked 77 hosts.
        Checked 7 host groups.
        Checked 45 service groups.
        Checked 30 contacts.
        Checked 2 contact groups.
        Checked 150 commands.
        Checked 36 time periods.
        Checked 0 host escalations.
        Checked 0 service escalations.
Checking for circular paths...
        Checked 77 hosts
        Checked 0 service dependencies
        Checked 0 host dependencies
        Checked 36 timeperiods
Checking global event handlers...
Checking obsessive compulsive processor commands...
Checking misc settings...

Total Warnings: 0
Total Errors:   0

Things look okay - No serious problems were detected during the pre-flight check
jsimon

Post by jsimon »

Hey @vornado, it looks like your issue is resolved so I'm going to go ahead and lock the topic.