Performance Graphs Issue after upgrade to 5.11.3

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
vappukuttan

Performance Graphs Issue after upgrade to 5.11.3

Post by vappukuttan »

Hello,

Updated Nagios XI from 5.11.1 to 5.11.3 over the weekend. Everything seems to be fine, but the performance graph from the red-blue line icon (that you can see within most screens like Host Status, Service Status, Operation Center screen, thats next to the host or service name) shows message "no data to display". But if I go into the Host or Service itself and use the tab for Performance Graph, it does show the graph. So that tells me the data is there and is valid. What can I check or how can I fix this.

One thing that happened during the upgrade was that the / (which has the /usr folder) ran out of space.. but the upgrade did not stop. I would have expected the upgrade to stop.

Code: Select all

Compressing backup...

gzip: stdout: No space left on device
tar: autoupgradebackup.1700342459.tar.gz: Wrote only 6144 of 10240 bytes
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

===============
BACKUP COMPLETE
===============
Backup stored in /store/backups/nagiosxi/autoupgradebackup.1700342459.tar.gz

Thanks in advance,
Vinod
sgardil

Re: Performance Graphs Issue after upgrade to 5.11.3

Post by sgardil »

Hey @vappukuttan

Do you have a snapshot you could revert to and attempt the upgrade again after making some space in the user file? If you do and that doesnt work can you let us know what distro you are experiencing this on so we can attempt to recreate the issue?
vappukuttan

Post by vappukuttan »

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I dont have a snapshot that I can revert to (I only store 3 days). There is enough space now on the server (cleaned up some large logs after I saw the message within the upgrade output), I missed the space issue before because the monitor had wrong parameters, silly me.

Addition Info on the Performance Charts:
- The charts for the localhost (server that runs Nagios) is still working.
- The charts for hosts that are monitored passively still works
- The charts for hosts/services that have active monitoring doesnt show within the pop-up.

Nagios XI - System Info
System
Nagios XI version: 5.11.3
Release info: localhost 3.10.0-1160.90.1.el7.x86_64 x86_64
CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 (Core)
Gnome is not installed
I dont see the version for highcharts, not sure if thats normal.

Nagios XI Components
helpsystem	2.0.1
highcharts	
homepagemod	1.1.12
opscreen	1.8.0
perfdata	
pingaction	1.1.2
vappukuttan

Post by vappukuttan »

Hello,

Are there any logs that I should be focusing on. I have tried to look at the http access_log and error_log, and also the browsers dev tools console.. doesnt seem to point me to an error/solution.

The only place it doesnt seem to be working from is the red/blue line icon that pulls up Performance Graph (on the right side of the Host or Service). It does work once I go into the Host or the Service and then select the Performance Graph tab, or even when I go into Graph Explorer and add that to the multistacked performance graph.

TIA
vappukuttan

Post by vappukuttan »

Hello,

I see that there is a bug in the new release and is being worked on. I do see similar behavior. The performance graphs work on services/hosts that don't have a space in the name. Hopefully the fix is simple and quick.

Related article:
viewtopic.php?t=66245

Thank you,
gwesterman

Post by gwesterman »

Hi @vappukuttan,

Yep, this is a known bug. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. This will be addressed in our future releases. Please make sure to check out new releases for added features and bug fixes by going here: https://www.nagios.com/changelog/ !

Thank you!
vappukuttan

Post by vappukuttan »

Hello,

Thank you very much. My Nagios XI instance is good again :).

The fix has been documented within ticket
posting.php?mode=reply&t=66245

This can be closed.

Thank you,
gwesterman

Post by gwesterman »

I forgot that there were two different threads asking for this solution - I should've linked that post here as well. My mistake! Glad you got it working!