Old ova download

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
kevinmjacobsen

Old ova download

Post by kevinmjacobsen »

I need an ova for nagios xi 5.8.8?

Any idea where I can get an older ova?
gwesterman

Re: Old ova download

Post by gwesterman »

Hi @kevinmjacobsen,

We do not officially advertise past OVA's publicly.
kevinmjacobsen

Post by kevinmjacobsen »

So if not officially advertised... If I open a case can it be provided?
gaguilard

Post by gaguilard »

Hi:
As a good practice download all files that you should need in the future when a new version where released, and store these safe for the future.
I will take a look to my library and I will let you know if I have it.
In another hand, you can download the tar file of the version that you need, and install it manually. Recommended that make a copy of the VM with the VM powered off. Avoid make a snapshot.
Hope it will be useful for you.
cnorell
Developer

Post by cnorell »

kevinmjacobsen,

As mentioned by gaguilard, your best bet is probably to create a virtual machine by installing a new instance of Nagios XI using the desired version's tarball found here: https://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nag ... rsions.php

Then export the aforementioned virtual machine in an OVA or OVF format.

Best Regards,

Cory Norell
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
kg2857

Post by kg2857 »

The OP may want to say what problem they're trying to solve since it looks like there's more to the story. It might be good to upgrade an install, then create a new one to convert to a later version.
cnorell
Developer

Post by cnorell »

That's a good point. Kevinmjacobsen, if there's any additional context you'd like to share please do so and we'll help out as we can.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.