IP Address Manager

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
sawdusty

IP Address Manager

Post by sawdusty »

It doesn't appear that Nagios has an address manager built in similar to the address manager included with Solarwinds. Is anyone aware of an open source program that Nagios supports with a plugin? I didn't see anything in the Nagios Exchange.
sgardil

Re: IP Address Manager

Post by sgardil »

Hey @sawdusty

The Exchange would be the place to look for a third party plugin so it's unfortunate that there wasnt anything there. Could you go over exactly what you are looking for this plugin to do and I can take a look if I can find anything. Otherwise if you are comfortable making a plugin yourself I'll link some documentation. Let us know if you have any luck.

https://nagios-plugins.org/doc/guidelines.html
kg2857

Post by kg2857 »

Silly question but what about IP addresses do you want to manage?
sawdusty

Post by sawdusty »

We're using 192.168.0.0/16 across our network. Looking for something to document what subnets are in use and on what devices they're being used on. There are a few of us doing network related tasks on the network and I'm looking for a tool other than a spreadsheet to keep all the subnets documented. Ideally it would have been built in Nagios and worked with icmp to verify a specific subnets use/location.