Force an immediate check

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
Jiffy_Huang

Force an immediate check

Post by Jiffy_Huang »

Hi,

I have a VM running Nagios XI with 32 cores, 64GB of RAM, and a 500GB disk. It monitors around 2000 hosts and has 11000 services. Each service check occurs every 5 minutes. However, when I perform a "Force immediate check," I receive a "Command processed successfully" message, but the Status Details do not update even after waiting for a long time. What could be the issue?

Thank very much.
kvang

Re: Force an immediate check

Post by kvang »

Hi Jiffy_Huang,

Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately I am unable to replicate the issue. Before we can further assist you, could you provide the following information? Which XI version you currently have installed and which distro it is installed on?

Thanks
Jiffy_Huang

Post by Jiffy_Huang »

Hi kvang,

The operating system is RedHat 8.6, and the version of Nagios XI is 5.9.1.

Thanks
sgardil

Post by sgardil »

Hey @Jiffy_Huang

Do you happen to have any errors in your php logs? These can be found in /var/log/php-fpm/www-error.log
celemtine

Post by celemtine »

Jiffy_Huang wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:43 am Hihalf body sexdoll,

I have a VM running Nagios XI with 32 cores, 64GB of RAM, and a 500GB disk. It monitors around 2000 hosts and has 11000 services. Each service check occurs every 5 minutes. However, when I perform a "Force immediate check," I receive a "Command processed successfully" message, but the Status Details do not update even after waiting for a long time. What could be the issue?

Thank very much.
Hi Jiffy_Huang,
It's possible that your Nagios XI server is experiencing performance issues due to the high number of hosts and services being monitored. Even though your server has significant resources, Nagios XI may require further optimization to handle the workload efficiently. Check the server's CPU and memory usage during a "Force Check Now" operation to see if it's reaching its limits.

Additionally, review Nagios XI's configuration settings, such as the maximum number of concurrent checks and timeout settings, to ensure they align with your server's capabilities. Consider optimizing database performance and reviewing log files for any error messages that could indicate underlying issues.
danderson

Post by danderson »

I would also check Home -> Monitoring Process -> Scheduling Queue to see if the check is getting added to the queue or not.