Https:xx:xx:xx:x/nagioslogserver/admin/snapshots unable to open and check the configuration

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios Log Server, our solution for managing and monitoring critical log data.
AMDNagiosSupport

Https:xx:xx:xx:x/nagioslogserver/admin/snapshots unable to open and check the configuration

Post by AMDNagiosSupport »

HI Team,

We are facing to open snapshots tab and check the configuration. issue on snapshot moving to /NLS_Shared/ path for backdated logstash-2023 files. /NLS_Shared/ path was full and we have extended space and after restart httpd services. still data not moving to the path and not deleting older data.
please let me know how to resolve the issue

Nagios Log Server 2.1.9

Thanks
Ditto Davis
ditto.davis@amd.com
danderson

Re: Https:xx:xx:xx:x/nagioslogserver/admin/snapshots unable to open and check the configuration

Post by danderson »

Have you tried looking at any relevant logs to further diagnose the issue? More information is needed.
ssunga

Re: Https:xx:xx:xx:x/nagioslogserver/admin/snapshots unable to open and check the configuration

Post by ssunga »

Hey @AMDNagiosSupport, thanks for reaching out.

I think what you're saying is that you're having trouble opening the snapshots tab in Nagios Log Server and checking the configuration. It seems like the issue started when you tried to move snapshot data to the /NLS_Shared/ path, which was full. Even after extending the space and restarting the httpd services, the data isn't moving to the path and the older data isn't being deleted.

Along with what @danderson said, it would be helpful to have some more information: operating system (e.g., CentOS, Ubuntu), any error messages you're seeing, and the configuration settings for Logstash and snapshots.

Some things I can think of that might be worth trying:
- Check permissions on /NLS_Shared/
- Check if there are any stuck processes that might be holding onto old file handles (this prevents new writes)
- Double check your config settings to make sure we're pointing to the right stuff