backup nagiosgraph

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
jermlac

backup nagiosgraph

Post by jermlac »

I need some tips to backup nagiosgraph. I am running Nagios Core 3.5.0 and I want to upgrade all of my Nagios components, but I would like to know for sure I'll have my historical nagiosgraph data. Is the nagiosgraph data location listed in the nagiosgraph.conf file?

What should I be looking for?
jermlac

Re: backup nagiosgraph

Post by jermlac »

in the nagiosgraph.conf file, I found the RRD (round robin database) file path listed as /var/nagios/rrd/, so I have backed up that directory.

Now my question is, if I had to restore these files to a new installation of nagiosgraph, can I drop these files into the new rrd directory and have nagiosgraph begin writing to the same file without overwriting data as long as the server is named the same?
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Re: backup nagiosgraph

Post by sreinhardt »

I would imagine your logic is correct, however nagiosgraph is not something we maintain or see too frequently, so it is a little hard to say. As for rrd stuff, provided nagiosgraph has a logical naming convention and will accept your new location, the rrd files themselves should be just fine.
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.