SAP 9.0 and More.

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
snchestnut01

SAP 9.0 and More.

Post by snchestnut01 »

Hello everyone! I have spent the Couple weeks trying to configure Nagios XI to work with SAP Business 1 servers... I feel as though I've exhausted the options available to me as SAPINFO.exe is no longer supported by SAP, which is what most of the plugins collect information through. I've tried setting up Check_SAP_Health, Check_sap.pl, and check_sap.sh, none of which seem to work as a solution for me. Any suggestions?
rkennedy

Re: SAP 9.0 and More.

Post by rkennedy »

What issues are you seeing with the current plugins you've tried?
Former Nagios Employee
snchestnut01

Post by snchestnut01 »

None of the plugins work with SAP Business 1 because SAPinfo.exe (the program that is used to retrieve information from the server) is incompatible. I've looked everywhere for another solution, but have yet to find one that doesn't require the admin to install SAPINFO.EXE. If you have any information that could help me resolve the issue I'm more than willing to work with you to try different solutions.
rkennedy

Post by rkennedy »

Is the only option with sapinfo.exe the fact that it requires administrator?

What does SAP do exactly? Does it use any ports? I'm not familiar, but it sounds like you've exhausted options on the Exchange. (https://exchange.nagios.org/index.php?o ... chword=sap)

At this point, I'm just trying to see if there is another way to monitor it possibly, without telling you to write an application.
Former Nagios Employee
snchestnut01

Post by snchestnut01 »

According to the Nagios site, SAPINFO.exe is the only method I've found. This tool stopped being supported with version 7.2 and we are currently running 9.0 on our end. I'm not certain what communication type SAP uses, but it is a business accounting program that allows a user to manipulate databases (this one happens to manipulate a MSSQL database). I'm not certain what sockets are used for communication.
scottwilkerson
DevOps Engineer

Post by scottwilkerson »

We don't have a SAP admin on staff, but I do know of a community leader that has done some work with SAP and Nagios. I'm going to reach out to him to see if he has any experience in this matter that he can chime in with.
Former Nagios employee
Creator:
ahumandesign.com
enneagrams.com
lcontreras

Post by lcontreras »

Hi snchestnut01,

I would like to point you to this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYvzugZPNGI there you will find a simple way to monitor SAP with Nagios.

Don't hesitate to send any additional question.

regards,
hsmith
Agent Smith

Post by hsmith »

@ lcontreras,

Thanks for the link!
Former Nagios Employee.
me.
lcontreras

Post by lcontreras »