Unable to add / clone any hosts

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
highness

Unable to add / clone any hosts

Post by highness »

I went to add some new hosts to our Nagios XI 5.4.3 instance. The clone wizard allows me to clone the chosen host, but after the apply, the host doesn't appear.

If I look in /usr/local/nagios/etc/import, I see the configuration file sitting in that directory (along with a temporary configuration file), but the host never gets added.

Checked to see if the file permissions were correct via Admin/Monitoring Config/Check File Permissions and they all report back that things appear to be OK.

I also ran /usr/local/nagiosxi/scripts/reset_config_perms.sh just to be safe.

No joy.

Any suggestions?
lmiltchev
Former Nagios Staff

Re: Unable to add / clone any hosts

Post by lmiltchev »

Can you apply configuration successfully in general? Do you see any config errors when you run the "Config File Management" tool? Can you show us an example of the host, that you are using as a "template"? How many hosts are you cloning the template into? How many fields are you setting in Step 2 of the wizard, i.e. "Address", "Name", "Description", etc.? Do you see any errors in the apache error log when running the wizard?
Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!
highness

Post by highness »

lmiltchev wrote:Can you apply configuration successfully in general?
Yep, without any problems.
lmiltchev wrote:Do you see any config errors when you run the "Config File Management" tool?

Code: Select all

Checked 11778 services. 
Checked 1925 hosts. 
Checked 528 host groups. 
Checked 19 service groups. 
Checked 227 contacts. 
Checked 2 contact groups. 
Checked 207 commands. 
Checked 238 time periods. 
Checked 0 host escalations. 
Checked 0 service escalations. 
Checking for circular paths... 
Checked 1925 hosts 
Checked 0 service dependencies 
Checked 0 host dependencies 
Checked 238 timeperiods 
Checking global event handlers... 
Checking obsessive compulsive processor commands... 
Checking misc settings... 

Total Warnings: 10 
Total Errors: 0 

Things look okay - No serious problems were detected during the pre-flight check 
lmiltchev wrote:Can you show us an example of the host, that you are using as a "template"?
It is a pre-existing host that we clone all the time - I also tried another host that is similar - same issue
lmiltchev wrote:How many hosts are you cloning the template into? How many fields are you setting in Step 2 of the wizard, i.e. "Address", "Name", "Description", etc.? Do you see any errors in the apache error log when running the wizard?
Doesn't matter if it's one or two or multiple hosts (I also tried cloning them one at a time). For the cloning, I'm only using two fields (name, address).

I also tried using the Windows Server wizard to start one from scratch just in case the cloning option was jacked up.

Not seeing anything out of the ordinary in the httpd error logs either.
dwhitfield
Former Nagios Staff

Post by dwhitfield »

Did you want to continue this in the forum or via your support ticket?
highness

Post by highness »

L:et's do this in the support ticket.