attempting to use the wizard to add a Win 2008 server fails

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
dlevine

attempting to use the wizard to add a Win 2008 server fails

Post by dlevine »

Hello -

I am currently demoing the Nagios XI product, and am having trouble with the Monitoring Wizard for Windows Servers.

I have installed NSClient++ on my Windows 2008 Server, and all is good there, but as I go through the wizard in Nagios to add it, when it attempts to verify/apply the configuration it fails. Looking at the error log, it seems as though it cant find the server template referenced in the host config file.

I am not sure if there is just a env var that needs to be updated or what... it seems as though the Windows Desktop wizard (template) works ok though...?

Thanks,

David
egalstad

Re: attempting to use the wizard to add a Win 2008 server fails

Post by egalstad »

There was a bug in the early version of the wizard that was the result of a missing templates. Recent XI updates fix this problem. Can you apply an update and see if that resolves the issue?

Updates can be found at:

http://library.nagios.com/library/produ ... /downloads
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
mguthrie

Re: attempting to use the wizard to add a Win 2008 server fa

Post by mguthrie »

Have you downloaded and installed the latest wizard from Nagios Exchange? Can you verify that this particular template causing the error still exists in the Core Config Manager?