Change Notification Type From "PROBLEM"

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
vornado

Change Notification Type From "PROBLEM"

Post by vornado »

Good morning, all.

Linux 3.10.0-1160.31.1.el7.x86_64
Nagios XI 5.8.4
Host with NCPA plugin: Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2

I have a monitor that notifies me when files have been uploaded to a directory. In the notification email, the "Notification Type" is "PROBLEM". Since this is not really a problem, I would like to change it -- for this particular monitor only -- to something like "NOTIFICATION". Is this possible?

Thanks.

Steve
vtrac

Re: Change Notification Type From "PROBLEM"

Post by vtrac »

Hi Steve,
How are you doing?
The only way I know how to change from "PROBLEM" to "NOTIFICATION" is:

Click on your username at the upper right corner of Nagios XI page > Notification Messages > "Email" tab
Change "%TYPE%" to NOTIFICATION .... please NOTE, this will change ALL your future notifications to says "NOTIFICATION".
F2.png
Here's the "%TYPE% definition:
F1.png
I'm very sorry, but I could not find a better way where you can custom the notification for just this ONE particular service check.

Best Regards,
Vinh
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vornado

Post by vornado »

Thanks for your reply, Vinh. I already know I could change it for all emails. :) I was hoping I could customize it for one service check. I guess the value of the variable %TYPE% cannot be changed programmatically in my plugin.
vtrac

Post by vtrac »

Hi,
I'm very sorry, but there is not a way to customize the notification for just this ONE particular service check.

May I close this thread?

Best Regards,
Vinh
vornado

Post by vornado »

Yes, you may close the thread -- thanks for your help. If you could possibly pass it on as a feature request, that would be great. :D
vtrac

Post by vtrac »

Hi,
I have just opened a new feature request "15593" as requested.

Locking thread!! .... :-)

Best Regards,
Vinh