Updating SSL Cert

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
mbarnes88

Updating SSL Cert

Post by mbarnes88 »

Hello,

I'm running into an issue updating the SSL certificate on our NagiosXI server. I am unable to copy the .csr file off the server. We are currently using the standard version of NagiosXI so are not able to SSH in. Is there a fairly easy way to be able to copy the .csr file from Nagios and then move the new signed cert file into its place once we have it?
mbellerue

Re: Updating SSL Cert

Post by mbellerue »

Hi,

You should always have SSH access to the Nagios XI server. If you've downloaded one of our virtual disk images of Nagios XI, you should be able to see the root password in the VM console (definitely change this, if you haven't already). From there you can use an SCP/SFTP application for Windows to get files to/from the Nagios XI server. Two such applications that immediately come to mind are Filezilla and WinSCP. I, personally, prefer WinSCP, but it's always good to have options if it's not your cup of tea.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.

Be sure to check out our Knowledgebase for helpful articles and solutions!