Alert not getting on Email

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
mandar18

Alert not getting on Email

Post by mandar18 »

Hello Team,
When I check any service = via "Re-schedule the next check of this service" I do not get any email alert although able to get actual alerts in Nagios core 4.5.3. Previously I used to get email alerts whenever I checked any service via "Re-schedule the next check of this service".
sgardil

Re: Alert not getting on Email

Post by sgardil »

mandar18 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:20 pm Hello Team,
When I check any service = via "Re-schedule the next check of this service" I do not get any email alert although able to get actual alerts in Nagios core 4.5.3. Previously I used to get email alerts whenever I checked any service via "Re-schedule the next check of this service".
Hey @mandar18

Is it safe to assume that none of your settings have changed for notification settings, contact settings, or your service settings in-between this time? Do you get any errors in your nagios.log file? (/usr/local/nagios/var/nagios.log) Also can you get email via any other way and its just when you reschedule the next check?
mandar18

Post by mandar18 »

It's safe to assume that nothing has changed, I am getting alerts on time and not getting errors when I run the /usr/local/nagios/var/nagios.log command.
The only thing is to check whether email alerts are working fine I used to "Re-schedule the next check of this service" and get email alerts on it, but now I am not getting those alerts.
gwesterman

Post by gwesterman »

Hi @mandar18,

Perhaps you miss-typed but just to make sure, did you look at the nagios.log file when you try to reschedule the next check of the service?

I would also narrow down exactly where the issue is occurring in the alerting process. Is the check being executed? Is the alert being executed? Is just the email not being sent?

You could also try looking in /var/log/maillog for errors.

Let us know what you find.

Thank you!