nsclient service terminated unexpectedly

Support forum for Nagios Core, Nagios Plugins, NCPA, NRPE, NSCA, NDOUtils and more. Engage with the community of users including those using the open source solutions.
RDMaroto

Re: nsclient service terminated unexpectedly

Post by RDMaroto »

Thanks for your reply, but with version NSClient 4.X will be corrected.....

The .ini in this version is less manageable
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

I'm a bit confused by your post - is there a specific reason you cannot upgrade to 4.X?
Former Nagios employee
RDMaroto

Post by RDMaroto »

Good morning
I think that the format of the NSC.ini in version 0.4 is less manageable
Box293
Too Basu

Post by Box293 »

While that might be the case, at the end of the day I know the NSClient++ developer no longer supports version 3.x and only develops 4.x.

So if your problem is not resolved upgrading to NSClient++ v 4.x, you will be able to submit a post in the NSClient++ forums and work towards getting the problem fixed.
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.
RDMaroto

Post by RDMaroto »

Thanks for your reply,
Regards.
sreinhardt
-fno-stack-protector

Post by sreinhardt »

The other possibility, which completely avoids nsclient logic and upgrades, would be to modify the nsclient windows service, to restart at all times when it detects the service is stopped. This should be done by:

services.msc in run or start search field -> right click on nsclient service and select properties -> Recovery tab -> Set all failure blocks to restart the service and restart service after to 0 or 1 minute.
Nagios-Plugins maintainer exclusively, unless you have other C language bugs with open-source nagios projects, then I am happy to help! Please pm or use other communication to alert me to issues as I no longer track the forum.