Read only login view

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
btemple

Read only login view

Post by btemple »

So I am created a generic auto-login account to deploy to the masses at my company. I was wondering if it it possible to redirect the default login page to the Views page ?
That way I can define URL's of other monitoring systems point to nagvis etc. from the "Views" page. I tried to point the default page to a URL but it just shows views page inside the original column.

My goal is to have the views page autolaunch at full size if possible. That way I can dictate all views myself that appear in the left hand column. Does this make sense ?
3-2-2015 11-13-42 AM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cmerchant

Re: Read only login view

Post by cmerchant »

This document might help you with changing the default home page.

http://assets.nagios.com/downloads/nagi ... g-Page.pdf
btemple

Post by btemple »

It look like that doc is for older version ?
jolson
Attack Rabbit

Post by jolson »

Hello,

I thought this was a bug at first - however the behavior is expected. The URL you enter in the 'Custom URL' field will be displayed when you click 'home'.

If there is a specific view that you would like your users to see, navigate to that view and click the 'popout' icon in the top-right side of the GUI.

Once you have done that, copy the URL starting with '/nagiosxi/'. Paste the copied URL under the previously mentioned 'Custom URL' field (Admin > Manage Components > Home Page Modification).

For example, my test URL was

Code: Select all

/nagiosxi/includes/components/xicore/status.php?show=services&hoststatustypes=2&servicestatustypes=28&serviceattr=10
Please let us know if that helps.
Twits Blog
Show me a man who lives alone and has a perpetually clean kitchen, and 8 times out of 9 I'll show you a man with detestable spiritual qualities.
btemple

Post by btemple »

So if I make the "View" my default page I get the attached results. I just need a way for the "view" page to open full and not within the condensed box.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
abrist
Red Shirt

Post by abrist »

I think the issue here is that the "views" page loads the whole page - all frames. Each individual view can be set as the home page (by using the url from right clicking the view and opening in a new tab), but the rotation cannot.
Former Nagios employee
"It is turtles. All. The. Way. Down. . . .and maybe an elephant or two."
VI VI VI - The editor of the Beast!
Come to the Dark Side.
btemple

Post by btemple »

I was able to point the auto login account to the nagvis url. Boss is happy so far .... Thanks for the tips
tmcdonald

Post by tmcdonald »

Should we leave this open for a bit or are we clear to close it up?
Former Nagios employee
btemple

Post by btemple »

please close thank you