nagios core - webpage cannot be found

An open discussion forum for obtaining help with Nagios Core. Nagios Core users of all experience levels are welcome here. Subforum have been created for the discussion of Nagios Core and Nagios Plugin development.

NOTE: The SourceForge.net mailing lists have been deprecated in favor of this forum in order to expedite support and provide additional features not available on the old mailing list.

nagios core - webpage cannot be found

Postby wardd » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:55 pm

After installing Nagios onto a CentOS 5.6 box following the quick install guide I am getting a message that the webpage cannot be found when I go to http://server/nagios. I don't know where I need to look or what I need to do to correct this issue. I have followed the instructions to the tee and I don't know where else to turn. I have attempted this install several times and I keep getting the same results. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
wardd

Re: nagios core - webpage cannot be found

Postby agriffin » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:45 am

Have you configured your firewall to allow connections to port 80?
agriffin

Postby wardd » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:11 am

agriffin wrote:Have you configured your firewall to allow connections to port 80?

I have.......I have go so far as to disable the firewall all together.

I have tried the reinstall again and I am now getting a different issue. Now I am getting a message that The requested URL /nagios/< was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at SERVERNAME Port 80

the "/nagios/<" is throwing me for a loop. I looks like I have an extra charater somewhere.
wardd

Postby agriffin » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:49 am

Which quick install guide did you follow? As far as I can tell there is no CentOS quick install guide.
agriffin

Postby wardd » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:03 pm

I was able to figure it out. ISPCONFIG was interfering with the nagios webpage being brought up.

Thanks
wardd

Return to Nagios Core