Unable to save Commands in Config Manager

This support forum board is for support questions relating to Nagios XI, our flagship commercial network monitoring solution.
rlacasse

Unable to save Commands in Config Manager

Post by rlacasse »

Running EL7 VMware image, 64bit.

I'm trying to add a new command and every time I click the "save" button, I get a blank "connection reset" screen.

In NagioxXI, in Core Config Manager, in Commands, I was able to clone one of the existing email notify commands. I can edit the new command but even just changing the Command Name, when I click the "Save" button, I instantly get a web page saying "the connection to the server was reset while the page was loading".

Appreciate any assistance,
Thank you
ajcoil

Re: Unable to save Commands in Config Manager

Post by ajcoil »

Hello @rlacasse,

Thank you for reaching out!

What version of Nagios XI is your VMware image using?
rlacasse

Post by rlacasse »

Nagios XI 5.9.1
rlacasse

Post by rlacasse »

Tried on our test environment, which is on 5.9.3 and it works just fine, no issues.

Would upgrading fix the issue? Is there a path to upgrading from 5.9.1 to 5.9.3 or do we need to upgrade to latest?
cnorell
Developer

Post by cnorell »

rlacasse,

There's a reasonable chance upgrading fixes the issue if you're not seeing it on a 5.9.3 machine.

Often times, you can upgrade directly to the latest version of XI without issue. That said, we recommend doing incremental upgrades whenever possible. The smaller the increments the better, so you can see issues as they occur and fix them sooner rather than later. At the very least, you will want to upgrade to XI 5.10, then the latest version because there are some database changes implemented between those versions.

If you're running Postgres, you'll want to perform a migration to MySQL after you upgrade to 5.10. You should see a notice on the matter if you're running Postgres Here is an article explaining how to perform the migration to MySQL from Postgres.

Best Regards,

Cory Norell
As of May 25th, 2018, all communications with Nagios Enterprises and its employees are covered under our new Privacy Policy.